The Village of Pinecrest reduced its millage from approximately 2.4 mills to 1.95 mills by cutting $1,600,000 from its 2007-2008 budget. This was attained by:
- Increasing the admission fee at the Splash and Play at Pinecrest Gardens.
- Charging memberships at the future community center.
- Increasing rental rates at Village facilities.
- Decreasing expenditures on out-of-state travel and staff education.
- Not filling vacant positions.
- Reduce park hours.
- Postponing replacement of vehicles.
- Reducing the amount of funds spent on promotional activities.