The title pretty much says it all. I moved here over 20 years ago and fell in love with South Florida. This blog is about more than real estate, it really is about the South Florida lifestyle. The purpose of ILoveSoFla is to:
- Provide important information to guide you in your purchase or sale such as public school boundaries, private schools, tax information and overall market trends.
- Share information about South Florida real estate and what makes living here so special. Whether you are relocating here, have lived here for years or are an investor who visits occasionally, you are bound to find out more about living and working in South Florida.
- Simplify your real estate owning experience. You will be able to find most information you need to make your life easy on this site. Yellow Pages has a list of service providers from architects to pet sitters. Resources includes information for boaters, such as a list of marinas and yacht clubs; pet owners such as pet daycare, training, and pet friendly places; golfers; and many more areas of interest as well as voter registration and county services.
- Have fun! In addition to blogs about the numerous events, restaurants, activities, places, and “freebies” that make real estate and living in Miami so enjoyable, there occasional ” Where’s JWo” blogs, which will test your knowledge of South Florida places. Shamelessly similar to the “Where’s Waldo” game, these blogs will include random pictures of places in South Florida. You are encouraged to guess where I am and comment on the by telling us what you know about where I am or to share your experience with the location. If you don’t know the answer, don’t worry! The Where’s JWo pictures will be featured in a future blog.
I moved to South Florida, Miami specifically, in the Spring of 1991 from El Granada, California. Reasons for my move were various but mainly because I had family in Miami. Of course they all moved away within a couple of years of my moving here (I did not take it personally, though they had all lived here for 10 years or more!), but by then I was hooked.
South Florida has so much to offer that I couldn’t imagine raising a family anywhere else.
- There is an outdoor lifestyle all year round
- Beaches, boating, parks, camping, golf, tennis, marathons, scuba diving
- Loads of wildlife
- International cultural events such as Art Basel and the Winter Music Conference
- Nightlife galore
- Diverse culture
and my favorite thing about South Florida is that between the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale airports, I can be in so many great places within a couple of hours (assuming the flights are on time — I once was delayed so long flying from Miami to Dulles International due to high winds at Dulles, that I could have flown to visit my sister in Italy in the same amount of time).
I have been practicing real estate for over 10 years and cover areas from Miami Beach south to Palmetto Bay. I focus on residential and investment properties and love what I do. I am a strong believer in community involvement (it helps give me the inside scoop!) and am or have been involved with the following:
- Village of Pinecrest Planning Board
- Realtor Association of Greater Miami and the Beaches
- The International Council and Commercial Realtors Alliance
- Miami Dade County Public School’s Site Selection, Planning, and Construction Committee
- Florida Realtor Association’s Smart Growth Committee
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Environment and Education committees
- Grievance Committee for the Realtor Association of Miami-Dade County
My background in business and environmental management help me bring additional perspectives to the real estate transaction. I am fluent in Spanish. But enough about me, I want to learn more about you!