You know how as soon as you decide on the make and model of the new car you want you start seeing it everywhere? Well, that same phenomenon is happening to me now with Dubai. A couple of weeks ago, I was lucky enough to go on a trade mission with Florida Realtors to Dubai. What an amazing trade mission it was. Now, I see Dubai everywhere! Ads for Emirates Airlines, with convenient, direct flights from Fort Lauderdale; an article in Prestige Magazine, and now a good friend and designer extraordinaire, Adriana Hoyos‘ furniture is in Bloomingdales Dubai.
So how is Dubai a bit like Miami? Other than having a Bloomingdales and being hot, a lot hotter than Miami, there are other similarities:
- Amazing Architecture – Like Miami’s Instagrammable architecture, Dubai is an architect’s dream. From Palm Island Jumeirah to the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, to the beautiful mosques, there are amazing buildings everywhere you look.
- Culturally Diverse – Dubai is an extremely international city with a large community of expats.
- Beautiful Beaches – Miami beaches are world famous. Dubai beaches are also becoming popular.
- Real Estate – Miami real estate is in demand by investors from around the world. Dubai real estate is being sought out by investors looking for deals due to the high inventories.
- Malls and Shopping – The Dubai Mall, like Bal Harbour Shops and Aventura Mall, is a place to visit even if you are like me and don’t particularly like to shop. There is an indoor aquarium in the middle of the mall and beautiful art installations throughout.
I really enjoyed our trade mission to Dubai and am grateful for the experience. I am even more grateful that I love life in South Florida and get to call Miami Home!