The Country Club, recently restored by the Liberty Group out of Toronto, was originally the Merrick family’s vegetable garden. Designed by Hampton and Reimert, it was the first public building in Coral Gables. When it opened on January 15, 1923, it rapidly became an important part of the social scene as well as in promoting Coral Gables as a place to buy real estate. It was often used by George Merrick to entertain prospective buyers for his single family homes.
Don’t miss Liberty Caffe’s half off gelato Tuesdays!