So, you have decided to get off the fence, take advantage of the steep price decreases and finally buy your dream home. You have surfed the Internet, looked at pictures, maybe even settled on a neighborhood. STOP! Before you go any further you need to talk to a mortgage broker and find out if you could get a mortgage. As you have read in the papers, the banks are not handing out money very easily.
- Any loan mortgage over $417,000 is considered a jumbo loan.
- The minimum down payment required is 30%.
- You will be required to provide your last two years tax returns.
- Your credit score will need to be at least 720.
- You can lower your rate by 1/4% if you go through EWM mortgage and have a bank account with Wachovia.
Stay tuned for information on other types of mortgages.